Saturday, January 31, 2009

The beginning

I started to write in my journals shortly after my diagnosis, as a personal journey but decided to share my entries with family. Upon discovering how large these entries were becoming, my cousin suggested starting a "blog". At first I had no interest but then decided that it would cut down on the mass e-mails being forwarded to family members of my monthly journals. As well, I would be able to reach out to others and especially my friends and share my story of survival.

In order to catch up on all of my entries I may seem like I am bombarding everyone. I am going to try to send out two blogs a day to catch up to my current location. By all means, read, enjoy, cry, or delete, do whatever your heart desires and needs at that moment. Through all of this, I hope I impact even one persons life, or open their eyes to a different way of living with "cansir".

Tomorrow, let this survival journey begin between us, and remember we are survivors from the day we are diagnosed!

9 comments:

  1. You're my hero, Sash! I look forward to reading every word you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my amazing cousin who`s inner strength,beauty,and soul are only had by God`s angel`s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sasha!! I had no idea! YOur strength has definately carried you through your struggle and will continue to do so!! Sending my thoughts and love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, girl. I am adding this to my daily reads!

    And do you mind if I add it to my links on my blog?

    http://www.jasminelily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Sasha! I hope you get out of this what I got out of it - a tonne of support and a lot of leads on information I would not have otherwise had access to.

    To readers reading this, write comments, then more comments...then more. This is something that Sasha is going through every minute of every day - she needs our support. I will do my best!

    Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks my little chemo buddy!

    If you're GI Jane - What am I? GI Jeff?

    You're the best Sasha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to my GI Jeff :) I am trying to figure out some details with blogging. Hopefully, I will have all the quirks out soon, and if not GI Jeff to the rescue! So, please bear with me!
    ~sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sasha.
    Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog.
    You do not know just how much I relate to you. I am a survivor of vulva cancer for almost 9 yrs now. I went through denial, fear , extreme anger, enough tears to make a river. Finally I turned to the Man upstairs which was very unusal for me. I had to fight the cancer as I have a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful daughters and adoring grandchildren who needed their "Nan". The poem that I wrote and gave you several months ago was my story ,actually OUR story now!
    Sasha you are an amzing beautiful woman and every life ...including mine..you touch you bring sunshine and hope and inspiration and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Leah
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to reading your blog daily. You are an inspiration to so many people, Sasha. Keep up the fight! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you Sasha for your journey, might be mine as well. I will be getting the news on Monday Soo....I will be there all the way with you as you go from day to day, WOW this is so hard, the wait, and now the wait is over today. you are so strong and Iam so stress out.Today my survival journey will start with or without cansir we just get on with it what ever.Bring it on.I will be here daily with you, apart of your journey. Great things this way come. God Bless Thanks again.xxoo (You have to come in for a line-up)

    ReplyDelete