Monday, February 16, 2009

My 32nd year of life!

Sunday January 18th ~ Well, today is my 32nd birthday! I woke up to amazing beautiful sunny day outside filled with lots of snow; similar to the day I was born I am informed. Trying to start nice and fresh for my 32nd year I started my juicing that I have been meaning to do for the past week but unsure if my stomach could handle it. Therefore, sitting down with my tea and juice mixture called “joggers delight” three oranges, two pears, and a sweet potato, I did what I have been trying to avoid this whole journey. I gave cancer its 15 minutes of fame again. I did not break down and start crying but I did let my mind wonder to years back when I had set a life plan for myself, you know the “where do you want to be in five years?”. I had my life plan for “where do you want to be by the age of 32?” This journey is never set into anyone’s plans in life; it is not as if we wake up one day and say, “hey by the age of 32 I want to have battled cancer not once, but twice”. Therefore, I sat here and thought for a few minutes as to what my list consisted of, marriage, house, two kids, simply right, not asking for too much? Well, as I sit here and analyze that list, I realize at the age of 32 I have a beautiful home, loving and crazy husband (in a good way), diagnosed with and beat ovarian cancer, had a miscarriage, oh now fighting breast cancer. I guess I need to start working on a new list. After giving cancer its Hollywood spotlight, and getting back on the up note I realize and know how much this journey is going to forever change my life and hopefully those around me. As my mom used to say, God blessed her with cancer because maybe there was someone else in the world that was not able to conquer it due to many reasons, not having faith, supporting family, friends, love, determination, etc. I look at my diagnosis in a similar light, and with all the strength of those surrounding me and my strength, I have in my mind so many plans of wanting to help other women fight this disease. Showing others the way to become a survivor from the minute of diagnosis, building a positive and healing surrounding, and most importantly having a great attitude with a little bit of energy and a great attitude. Instead of thinking, “I am cancer” saying “yes, I CAN-SIR” meaning cancer does not define you, you will define cancer and get up off your ass and fight and say “YES I CAN-SIR”. I guess this is where my new list would start – the top 10 things I want to accomplish during or following this journey.

My birthday was quiet and sweet with family. Attila and I went to the movies with my parents to see Benjamin Button, well the movie was cancelled due to a bulb problem but we got two free passes each thanks to my dad opening his mouth and expressing how unhappy he was. Therefore, I ate a large popcorn sitting around for 40 minutes while they tried to fix the problem. Well, Attila and my dad were hungry, so we went to dinner, which was nice. Afterwards, Attila and I curled up on the couch and watched a movie at home.

Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete