Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Symptoms & Energy Good!

January 12th ~ I think I am starting to understand my body now, at least for this first treatment. I wake up around 5:30 a.m. with a little bit of nausea which I have narrowed it down to being hunger. Therefore, I get up have a half a banana and proceed back to bed to try to rest for another couple of hours. I am waking up around 8:00 a.m. to some nausea again (hunger – which I guess is a good thing), and have some bread with nutella, glass of organic milk, and a cup of white organic tea. This breakfast has seemed to be hitting the spot for the past couple of days, so I think I am going to stick with it (it might not be the most nutritious but it works for now). It will be interesting these next few days as I have completed taking all my scheduled meds and just have my back ups, but again so far so good.

I managed to do some dishes this morning, and a load of laundry – hard to believe all these little things can wipe a person out. My other goal today is to transfer over my writings in my journal as I was recollecting the past few months of the beginning of this journey for others to understand where I am coming from and going. Most of you all know my character, which I am and I wanted to let others see that you can incorporate humour, laughter and a positive attitude towards this journey. I started this outlook on my own but with discovering this little book “Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor” I realized that I am not weird and this journey can be “fun, filled with love, humour and beauty”. I hope that by letting others into my mind, body and soul that you will truly learn to appreciate where this journey is and will take me, and where I hope it will take others! As for now, it is time for a nap before our travels back down memory lane!

January 13th ~ Today I managed to sleep in until 6:00 a.m. and then dosed in and out until around 8:30 a.m. Woke up, enjoyed my breakfast and tea in peace, and showered before Attila managed to wake up. I am learning to appreciate this peaceful time in the mornings. Energy levels today have been good; I took a short nap just to rest my eyes, and listened to some meditation music to help with calming the mind. I got my butt off the couch and managed to cook some dinner and accomplished two things at once, while I was making dinner, I decided to march on the spot for 10-15 minutes, which sounds weird and useless, but it felt good to get up and move my body!

January 14th ~ Energy levels I think are starting to come up! Again, good nights sleep, regular morning routine, did some dishes, load of laundry and even did my hair! There is nothing like waking up to a good laugh first thing in the morning especially when you look like Medusa! Thank goodness, Attila loves me even when I have mad crazy hair (hope you enjoy the picture). After, I calmed the mane, I sat and relaxed and did some deep breathing exercises for 30 minutes, which also helped to decrease the headache that was coming on. Made myself lunch, ate, chilled, and now back to writing. I have been meaning to write positive reflections somewhere I would see them everyday so I decided on my closet mirror. So, this morning as I walked out of the closet I grab one of my MAC lipsticks (Cocoa-nutty – you know like me, a little bit of cocoa mixed with a little bit of nuttiness) and started writing.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did you wrote on your mirror Sasha! You are all of those things and more. I'm glad that I can read about your journey. Your courage and strength are inspiring. You are thought of often these days!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sasha,
    I've been reading your blog and I can't tell you how impressed I am with your positive attitude through this difficult time. Even though we haven't seen each other in years and really don't even "know" each other as adults, your writing speaks volumes about what kind of person you've become. Please know that an old grade school friend is quietly cheering you on and sending positive thoughts your way.
    Thank you for sharing your "journey" with me.
    Beth Morris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha!!! You looked utterly amazingly beautiful last night at the Cardiac Wellness Fashion Show. Your smile lit up the room!! I was so delighted in seeing you sweet Sasha. You certainly are an inspiration to all.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sharing your life's journey has touched my soul. You are a fighter, a leader, a friend...and I'm so proud of you. Know that you are in my prayers. I'm going to ask another grade/high school friend to see your blog, as it may help her get through her journey as well. On Tuesday, we're celebrating that she completed her 8 chemo sessions...now onto radiation. One down, now one day at a time.
    Lody

    ReplyDelete