Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Day Before

I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Alam today and things went well. She informed me of the the side effects of the new drug Docetaxal which are not commonly nause and vomitting (a great thing), but bone pain. This is a side effect I experienced my first treatment and now following each treatment due to my Neulasta shot (for white blood cells). So.... I have experienced this bone pain before and am thankful that I have been able to tolerate the pain through meditation and healing touch treatments and great massages from my husband. They have also increased my steroids to help with the pain which has also been helping me gain weight :) Oh well, atleast my appetite is good and it is helping me keep some energy levels. The other good news I found out was that I am able to use hottubs which hopefully will relieve some of the pain so to the Petro's you better watch out! LOL

Some other news, since my white blood cell count is staying above levels I no longer have to have blood work drawn every week, just the day prior to treatments. Overall, this is great because this means less pokes and less trips to the clinic.

I also asked Dr. Alam today about returning to swimming to help with my right arm which she stated was fine and that I don't have to worry about my port and the chlorine. I managed to make it to the gym today and walked for 50mins, mind you my legs are feeling it from yesterday's workout but again it is great to feel decent enough to exercise and move my body.

This has been a great week, lets keep it that way!

~sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment