Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fourth and coming

Yesterday I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon that I guess went well. My appointment was literally 5-10mins, I think it took me longer to get undressed and dressed than what my actual appointment. Not much new information, she examined me, asked how I was doing, if I had noticed any other lumps, and where I was in my treatments. That was it, see ya in a year! The rest of my day was filled with lots of laughter with my best girl Valentina, it's always nice and healthy to fill yourself with great belly laughter.

Today was a great day, I have been sleeping better and today managed to sleep in till 10:00 (ouch)! I guess my body needed it! Once awake I did a couple household things and got ready to head off to the gym. I have been trying to do a little bit of exercise each day and have been successful most days but today was a real good exercise day. I managed to walk for 35mins, kicked the heavy bag which I have not done in years. It was a great visualization exercise because I just kept looking at the Everlast logo thinking that it said Cancer instead! It felt great to kick the crap out of it. Then I walked for another 10mins and took a sauna. I might pay for it tomorrow but it felt amazing to get my heart pumping again.

Tonight I went to the Wonder Broads meeting which is the breast cancer survivor boat race team which my mom and I want to become part of. My mom will be able to take part this year if she wants but as for myself I will have to wait till next year due to my treatments and following surgery. I am looking forward to being part of this and getting more information as the meetings progress and becoming a great supporter for this cause.

Sorry, I am off now to walk Project Runway Canada as they are designing dresses for breast cancer survivors made out of post it notes and then auctioned off to raise money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation!

Tomorrow off to the clinic for a follow up, with my 4th treatment on Thursday.
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment