Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One month to go!

I can't believe that one month from today this phase of my life and journey will come to an end! It's crazy...... this part of my journey has gone by so fast, it feels like yesterday that I was preparing for my first treatment.

This past weekend, my pain finally started to subside and I was able to get out of the house to visit my cousins Chris and Michele for Blake's (my godson) 2nd birthday. Again, time goes by so fast and he is getting so big and turning into a little man! (some pics to come) It was great to get out and visit with family since I had been cooped up in the house for over a week.

Sunday brought with it lots of rest and no excitement.

Yesterday, was the first day that I started to feel better and managed to do some chores around the house without any help. Also, from not moving and being on the couch or in bed for the past week and a half a lot of tension has built up in my upper back/shoulders/neck region. So.... I decided to do a home yoga practice which I failed to realize that the DVD was an hour and a half, so to say the least I was just a little tired afterwards but also I felt great because I finally moved my body.

Today, I had my appointment to see if I qualify for genetic testing for the breast cancer gene BRCA 1 & 2 which I did qualify for and will have done next week and I shall receive my results in 4-6 months. It was very interesting learning more about these genes and their job in your body and about your genetic code. My DNA will be put through over 400 tests to determine if there is any hereditary mutation with my genes hence why it will take so long to get the results.

Now I have a week and a half to relax, regenerate, and get some strength for my next treatment, speaking of relaxing I am off for a nap (eyes are slowly closing)!

~sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment