Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day before last!

YIPPEE!

I can't believe it is the night before my final treatment! There have been ups and downs but I have made it to the final one with only two really bad treatments and no nausea or vomiting, I must say that is pretty good!

Today, I started my dexamethasone (steroid) and not sure if it was that or the fact that I have been overdoing it these past two weeks but I went to the gym before my doctors appointment and only managed to walk for 35 mins. This was the first time that I said I had to call it quits, I just felt exhausted.

I had my exam today at the clinic along with blood work and ended up seeing a different oncologist. Dr. Alam was called out on emergency and with the hopes that I would arrive early for my appointment she couldn't stick around anymore. The one day that I don't show up early, but.... she is going to stop in and see me during my treatments tomorrow. So... I only had my regular exam with no details about what is to come next after my radiation, hopefully I will have these questions answered tomorrow. I am free and clear of the oncology part of it until June 4 when I have my follow up with Dr. Alam.

I managed to do some grocery shopping for the first time in awhile on my own. It's funny how such little things are so exciting to do. And go figure that today was the day that the Superstore decided they were going to start charging for plastic bags to save the environment.... couldn't anyone update me on this news, just kidding! Also got the chance to hang out and catch up with my co-workers and friends Wendy and Carly who I haven't seen in awhile.

After all the rain today, I went outside and just happened to be thinking about tomorrow and then end and everything else that runs through your brain and my questions, fears, concerns were all erased when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel in the form a beautiful rainbow!

Could I have received a more perfect and beautiful sign from above!

To end, here is a picture of my last stash of medications and it was oh so nice to see 0 repeats on all of my medications (what a sigh of relief) and my last $2900 medication bill, (but oh did I get some airmiles).
Time to get some rest and get ready to "Fight Like a Girl" tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo!

    So happy to hear that this part of the journey is over for you Sasha. Time to celebrate!! I hope to meet you through Jeff & Diletta one day. And let me know if you would like to join my team "Viva La Cure" for the Toronto Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I did it last year after treatment and it was life-changing for me.

    Here's a link to my page for this year's event:
    http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Toronto2009?px=2458024&pg=personal&fr_id=1323
    Would love for you and your husband and girlfriends to join us :) I can send you a link to our album of photos from last year if you like.

    Now go celebrate in the sunshine this weekend - you deserve it!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete