Monday, April 20, 2009

Over doing it!

Well first I would like to apologize for not writing at all this past week! This past week has taught me that even though you are feeling pretty good you still need to take your time and not go overboard!

Tuesday I had my initial consult with Dr. Schneider my radiologist who was amazing at explaining everything and taking his time to ensure that you came to the best decision for your health. We decided that having radiation would be the best for my next treatment plan. I went into the consult expecting that I would have to do radiation which I look at as another preventative measure considering once I am done with chemo and radiation there is no other form of treatment that I would benefit from such as hormone therapy, etc. Some of the side effects are possible scar tissue on the lungs, weakening of the ribs, and lymphodema, and fatigue. I still am waiting for my appointment to set up my treatment plan for radiation where I will find out my exact times and appointments, get my tattoo, and some x-rays. I do know that I will be going for radiation Monday to Friday for 5 weeks!

Wednesday night we had a fundraiser "Girls Night Out" for the boat race team which had a great turnout and hopefully we raised a good amount for the team! Thank you to everyone who came and showed their support!

This week I had the chance to hang with some of my girls and do girly things. We also had the chance to visit with some friends we haven't seen in awhile and have some great laughs and great food!

I managed also to make it to the gym a couple of times to walk on the treadmill and did a little gardening outside which I later realized exhausted me. You would think after all this time that I would know ahead when I was overdoing it instead of realizing it too late. Unfortunately, it took until today to finally catch up with sleep and not feeling so fatigued. Maybe it's also because I know this phase is coming to a close that I am getting overly exciting and hence overdoing things.

All in all I am feeling good, still tired and getting ready for another busy week!

3 days left!!!!

~sash

No comments:

Post a Comment