Saturday, May 9, 2009

A New Leaf

Yesterday I attended one of our work fundraisers our 5K Path to a Better Heart, no I did not run! I have said that one of these days I would run it, it's been 8 years and I still haven't, maybe next year! It was a great success with ~ 450 runners that turned out to participate. I had the opportunity to see some co-workers and catch up and hang out with them.

Today, I went along for a ride to Novi with my friend Jasmine to the Better Health Market which was awesome, it would be nice if we could have an organic market here in Windsor. I have decided after a few suggestions to read the "Maker's Diet" and change my eating habits. Not that my eating was ever necessarily bad, I ate healthy but we always have our days where we eat too much or eat unhealthy food but everything in moderation. The basis behind this diet (which I can't even really call it that) is from the biblical times, what and how they ate. All the food is organic, natural, raw living organisms. The trip today to the market was to get the supplements they recommend. Therefore, I will be beginning on Monday and I am just trying to get everything ready and prepared so that I can start. I also made a couple of trips to our grocery stores to try and find as much organic fruits and veggies that I could. I also received a website for an organic farm out in the county from my cousin's Glenn and Patti which I am going to check out after this supply of food runs out.

Now that I am on my road to recovery from chemo and starting to get some exercise, it is time for me to take more control over what I put into my body. I am ready to feel 100% healthy again! It is time for me to balance everything.... the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional aspects of my body!

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's out there including mine!

~sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment