Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Radiation Day 2!

I started radiation yesterday and the whole process is pretty simple. For my first session they were running behind so there was about a 30 min delay which was better than the people before me who had been waiting 1 1/2 hrs. Today they were right on time!

The whole process takes anywhere between 20-30mins. They align me on the bed properly according to the tattoos on my skin and then the machine. Once everything is set up they begin, the machine swings around me to aim at my back to administer the first round then the technicians come back in make some more adjustments to the machine and then there is one round aimed at my right armpit and then another to the front part of my chest aimed on an angle from the left. Each time you here a humming noise of the machine gearing up and then this weird beeping, grinding odd sound which lasts about 30 secs which is the radiation part. And that is it, off the table and back again the following day. I also had blood work drawn today as Dr. Schneider wants a baseline and I will find out how everything is going on Monday when I meet with him after treatments.

Tomorrow, before treatment I meet with the dietitian as I had questions regarding antioxidants and radiation which I know can play an effect, Along with starting the Maker's Diet which is going very well, there are a couple of supplements that I take that are higher in antioxidants and I just want to be on the safe side and make sure if I should be taking them or not.

So far, so good..... 2 down 23 more to go!

~sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment