Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Celebrations!

We had a weekend of celebrations back in July with Attila's 35th b-day and our Dragon Boat Division A final placing! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!



Atti getting ready to dig into his cake!

I can not thank all of my friends and family enough for being part of the team and coming out to show your support for such a great cause! It was an honour and privilege to have each and everyone one of you as a team member. For some of you, you knew each other and others were meeting for the first time but it didn't matter because we all connected, thank you for coming together as a team. Words can not express the joy I felt in my heart that day knowing that everyone was there supporting me and the many other women on this journey. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many loving and caring friends!


The rose ceremony....very overwhelming (I couldn't stop crying)!
Our team raised just shy of $10,000 and made it to the Division A finals! I am so proud of our team, not too bad for being rookies! Till next year!

Cheering from the sidelines!


Gina and I!

Survivor 1 and survivor 2 - My mom and I!

The summer was filled with many weekends spent with friends and relaxing by the lake. Throughout all of this enjoyment there was still reality that I had to face. Even though I was off the hook for the Cancer Clinic in Windsor for the summer I still had to follow up with the London Cancer Clinic which turned out good news and pretty much stated that everything was good from their side of things. I will continue to be followed every 6mths for two more years and then it will decrease to once a year.

Well, till next time ..... the last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment