Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Routine

I just finished reading "Knockout: Doctors Who are Curing Cancer" by Suzanne Somers and I thought this would be a perfect time to write about what I am doing from an integrative standpoint.  The book was very interesting though very anti-chemo, anti-radiation and against all Western approaches to medicine.  Did I agree with some of their statements .... yes, but I do not think I would ever be able to completely go against all Western medicine and only take a natural Eastern approach to my treatments.  I would however take the approach of integrative medicine and agree that Western and Eastern medicine can work wonders together! 

Many people have been asking lately what I am doing from an integrative standpoint so without going into too much detail (because this has been tailored to my needs) here is what my regimen and my day looks like. 

Empty Stomach AM routine:
  • 1 tsp botanical mixture in water: an individualized mixture herbs based off of type of cancer, location, and present condition that has been shown to help cancer patients and help purify the blood, boost the immune system
  • 2 oz fresh wheat grass
  • 5 tabs of Perfect Food (greens)
  • homeopathy "drainage" mixture which consists of 5 drops from 3 bottles into 1L of water and sip throughout the day
Wait approximately 45 mins ..... this is when I check e-mails, write my blog, clean kitchen .... do little tasks here and there.

15 mins prior to breakfast:
  • 1 curcumin
  • 1 ECGC (green tea extract)
  • 1 AHCC (active hexose correlated compound - mushroom extract)
Breakfast ... consists normally of fresh fruit bowl (mango, banana, figs, plums,blueberries, cherries, dried dates) or Ezekiel bread with pumpkin seed butter and blueberry jam.  Following breakfast:
  • 1 calcium
  • 6000 IU Vit. D
  • 1 tsp flax oil
Head outside to get some fresh air and water our garden .... for the past 4 years I have been saying that I am going to get better at taking care of the garden and somehow develop a green thumb .... I have yet to succeed but I am trying hard again this year!

1 hr prior to lunch:
  • 4 digestive enzymes
  • 1 tsp botanical mixture w/ water
Lunch .... normally can of tuna or chicken, with some raw veggies or salad
  • 1 AHCC
Snack ..... walnuts, dried cherries, figs or goji berries or my green goop concoction juice mixture (carrots, kale, collard greens, broccoli, turnips, lemon and apple)

15 mins prior to dinner:
  • 1 curcumin
  • 1 ECGC
  • 1 AHCC
  • homeopathy "drainage" mixture which consists of 5 drops from 3 bottles into 1L of water and sip throughout the day
Dinner ..... beef, lamb, fish and stir fried kale, broccoli and sweet potatoes
  • 1tsp flax oil or cook with EVOO
  • 1 calcium
1 hr prior to snack:
  • 4 digestive enzymes
  • 1 melatonin
  • 1/4 ativan (my only Western medication)
  • 1 tsp botanical mixture w/ water
Snack .... fresh fruit, nuts, soy matcha green tea or dark chocolate :)  Sit down relax and watch some reality TV:)
 
Also in the mix of all of this is my homeopathy mixtures.  I alternate between two therefore, every Monday I have #1 mixed with 1 L of water and sip throughout the day and then then following Monday I have #2 mixed with 1 L of water and sip throughout the day.  I also have my other homeopathy that I place under my tongue and dissolve, I try and remember to do it everyday but sometimes I forget. 

This is my regular routine!  This is what I have been doing to try and improve my health .... some say it's like having a full-time job trying to make sure you have everything organized and taking everything at the right time.  Yes, it is a lot but once you get used to it, it becomes easy and it is nothing like a chore or duty.  I know for myself, when I put my mind to something there is no stopping me!  And .... when you feel and notice the difference in your body it makes you want to continue and take care of yourself even more.   

Now that I am feeling better and my energy levels are coming up I just need to get back to a regular exercise routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment