Sunday, July 4, 2010

May 2010

Once again I have fallen off track with blogging!  The last real time blog was the end of May following my 5th treatment. 

The end of May was a great little vacation!  Friday I had to receive my Zoladex shot to suppress my ovary and then my friend Amy Poisson and I headed down to London to visit with my cousins and do a little shopping.  For those who know me well there is always one store I visit on each trip to London!!  Lululemon ... we raided it for a couple hours.  Saturday we went and saw my godson Blake's gymnastics class .. he was so happy that we came to watch him, then we went for breakfast, off to do some more shopping and walking around downtown and then we met up with Atti and my cousin Dave who drove down on Saturday morning and spent their day golfing.  We had an awesome night with my cousin's Chris and Michele with some great food and more great laughs! 

Another reason for the trip to London was that I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon for my reconstruction.  I had this appointment booked 6 months ago and didn't want to cancel it as I was interested in hearing what she had to say and what my options were for reconstruction.  I was given 4 options for reconstruction 1) TRAMS flap which I couldn't do because of my size ... it is pretty much a tummy tuck and a boob job at the same time and they use your abdominal muscles 2) Expander's and implants which would consist of a surgery to put the expander's in, 6 weeks of filling them slowly, then surgery to place the permanent implants 3) using the tissue from my butt and they can only do one side at a time and 4) using my back muscles with implants.  Not that I have to decide now and probably won't even think about it till spring of 2011 but she suggested using my back muscles as it would be the most effective for me.  Plus, the expander procedure doesn't seem like a guarantee as many complications can occur and secondly I like my butt and don't want any scares on it :) 

It was nice to get out of the city and relax for a couple of days before heading into my next treatment followed by a bunch of tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment