Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Round #7

Again ... the best way to start of the month is with a massage :) 

July 4th, 2010

Happy Canada Day, Happy 4th of July, Happy early b-day Marc and Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to my cousins Marc & Colleen.  Today we had a great day of celebrations at my Aunt Hope & Uncle Jim's house with the whole family, it was great to see everyone and have everyone together ... and I was able to enjoy it since I hadn't had treatment due to the holiday.

July 6th, 2010

Time for #7 which surprisingly was not as bad this time around.  Due to Canada Day they pushed my chemo treatment back 5 days which in turn allowed my counts to come up higher which in turn I believe gave me more energy.  Upon arriving home I didn't need to crash right away and was able to stay up for a couple hours before hitting the bed and trying to sleep some of this off.

July 9th, 2010

Still not feeling all the best but coming around faster than normal.  Today I was off to see Dr. Marier for my first IVC treatment.  My mom jokingly stated that she wanted me to be doing cartwheels out of the office after getting my Vit. C ... I ensured her that I didn't believe it worked that fast! 

I have been looking forward to this day for sometime now ... excited to be putting something into my body that is good and healthy.  Since today was my first day, they started with a support pack I believe it is called so it is not actually Vit. C but all of your B vitamins to get your body ready, next week I will be starting the actual Vit. C dosages.

July 11th, 2010

The return of "Fight Like A Girl"!  Today is the Dragon Boat races and I was really upset this week that my treatment would be falling 5 days prior to the races which would mean that I probably wouldn't be able to be with my team and drum.  Well, I did the best I could and rested up as much as possible on the weekend so that I would be able to be with my team and I did it!  It was a very hot day but with all the excitement it kept me going.  We won our first race which placed us into Division A Finals for the 2nd race.  We then placed 4th which dropped us into the Division A Consolation Finals .... I believe it was after this race that I started to feel everything catching up with me and was starting to become exhausted.  Time for the last race in which we placed 3rd in our Division which brought us overall to 4th/100 teams to finish ... not bad for only our 2nd year! 

Thank you so much to our great team, you worked your A$$ off.  It was an amazing day filled with lots of family, friends, love, fun, and team spirit, thank you to those who came out to support us and such a great cause.  

Until next year:)

Today was also Attila's 36th b-day, Happy b-day Atti!  Thank you to the Pazur family for opening their house to us and hosting our Dragon Boat celebration and Atti's b-day party.

To say the least following this day ..... I was exhausted!!

July 12th - 16th, 2010

This week consisted of me getting off of my butt and doing some exercise .... it feels good to be able to move!

Also, I had my Vit. C treatments M/W/F which last about 1 1/2 - 2hrs.  Everyone keeps asking if I have noticed a difference yet ... well not sure. The one thing I have noticed is that I am falling asleep easier than before and that I am waking up earlier.  I feel like my body is trying to find a routine or return to a normal routine in which Dr. Marier stated that it was more than likely exactly that ... my body is trying to find it's normal circadian rhythm and trying to balance itself.  Let's see what the weekend brings and if I notice anything else energy wise.  

Well, this weekend brought a much improved energy level.  Again, not sure if this is because I may be pushing myself or because of the Vit. C but I am thinking it is the Vit. C.  Normally when you push yourself you become tired, not saying I don't get the afternoon sleepy feeling anymore but there is something to say about my energy levels being higher to the point of staying up late and cleaning until 2:00 AM!!!  I know that is probably not good for my body to be up that late but I had lots of energy.  A goal of mine was to clean under our stairs ... our storage area this week coming which I was going to give myself two days to work on.  No .... instead Saturday afternoon I completed it in a couple of hours.  And even though being up that late over the weekend I was able to wake up after getting my 7-8 hours of sleep naturally.  And .... last night was the first night that I didn't take my 1/4 Ativan to help me sleep, just my natural sleep agents.  These things may seem small to someone else but to me these are huge improvements.  I am scheduled for M/W/F again this week and a follow-up with Dr. Alam .... next week will be the true test as I will be having my 8th chemo!

Have a great day!

~sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment